we install wheelchair ramps
rent or buy
temporary or permanent SOLUTIONS
*We serve Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut*
Customizable handicap ramps to fit virtually any home.
Meets ADA requirements with a 1000 lbs. capacity.
High Quality Products
Give us a call at 401-294-4111 to tell us what you need and we will provide a free evaluation and estimate.
Customizable to Fit Virtually Any Home
Versatile and convenient, modular aluminum ramps can be configured to fit virtually any property.
Temporary or Permanent Solutions
Our aluminum handicap ramps are easy to install and uninstall, making them a great solution for any property for any length of time.
Meets ADA Requirements
Our wheelchair ramps are ADA compliant, paving way for safe, quality home access.
Easily Movable and Storable
Unlike a more permanent material/installation, aluminum ramps are relatively easy to store and move if needed, making them impressively convenient.
Some of Our modular Wheelchair Ramp Installations
Our handicap ramps can be made to fit virtually any home.
Our Wheelchair Ramps Coming to Life
Our handicap ramps can be made to fit virtually any home.
Whether a temporary wheelchair ramp or permanent wheelchair ramp installation - we make it happen.
We will make the process as easy and smooth a possible.
Call Us For A Free Consultation
Step 1 - The Consultation
- Contact us via phone or email - 401-294-4111 | firstname.lastname@example.org - to set up a FREE consultation
- We will help you explore new or pre-owned wheelchair ramp options.
- Your time frame, your budget, and your specific needs will be considered while planning.
Step 2 - Layout, Measurements, & Materials
- We will schedule an on-site consultation with our trained mobility technicians.
- Then we will design the layout of the ramp that would best fit your establishment or home.
- We will then schedule an official installation date with you and our mobility technicians.
Step 3 - The Wheelchair Ramp Installation
- Our technicians will arrive on the job site on time.
- Our technicians will work diligently to bring all of the blueprints to fruition.
- Our technicians will work swiftly in order to exceed your expectations.
Meeting ada quality standards
Our aluminum modular ramp installations meet ADA requirements with a 1000 lbs. capacity.
- Running Slope (§405.2) - ADA ramps should meet the maximum slope requirement of 1:12. This means that for every 12 inches in ramp length, there will be 1-inch rise in ramp.
- Cross Slope (§405.3) - Cross slope of ramp runs cannot be steeper than 1:48. Cross slope is the slope of the surface perpendicular to the direction of travel.
- Surfaces (§405.4) - ADA ramps should have firm, stable, nonskid surfaces.
- Clear Width (§405.5) - Meeting minimum ramp width of 36 inches.
- Rise (§405.6) - Maximum of 30" per run.
- Level Landings (§405.7) - Level landings at the top and bottom of the ramp, with each landing being as wide as the ramp and at least 60 inches long.
- Handrails (§405.8) - Handrails on both sides if ramp height is greater than 6 inches.
- Edge Protection (§405.9) - Edges protected to prevent people from slipping off.
- Wet Conditions (§405.10) - Landings should be designed to prevent the accumulation of water.
Portable Ramp Alternatives
Versatile and convenient, portable wheelchair ramps can be taken anywhere with minimal effort.
Portable wheelchair ramps are a solid alternative if you need them for something small or to transfer something into a vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve put together some commonly asked questions to give you more information about what we offer. If you are looking for answers to commonly asked questions regarding the coronavirus pandemic, you can find them here.
If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to, please use the contact us page.
Clicking on the question will reveal the answer.
Store Hours and Contact Information
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
What does "ADA compliant" mean?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1991 sets guidelines for safe wheelchair ramps. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramp guidelines apply only to access for new facilities or major renovations built after 1991 that are used by the general public and do not apply to private residences - though our installations do meet ADA guidelines.
What material are your ramps made of?
Our ramps are configured using multiple pieces of industry-standard aluminum or steel. These materials are inherently weather-resistant, are reinforced to prevent slipping, and can be reconfigured relatively easily compared to other materials.
Are wheelchair ramps safe to use in rain, ice, or snow?
Aluminum or steel ramps are generally safer in rainy or snowy conditions. They have a textured surface that will help prevent slips and falls, and pet-friendly ice melt can be used to make walking even easier. Remember to always be careful when walking on any surface in rain, ice, or snow.
Is my ramp permanent once installed?
Nope! The beauty of modular aluminum ramps is that they are configured using multiple pieces that fit together. When compared to other ramp solutions, it's clear that modular aluminum ramps come out on tap when it comes to storage or having the move the ramp for major life events.
Is a permit required to install a ramp at my home?
Aluminum ramps do not require a permit throughout most of Rhode Island nor does it require concrete footings. What's more, an inspection after completion of construction is not required. Local laws may change from town to town, but don't worry - we'll figure all of this out for you during consultation.
Do you offer wheelchair ramp rentals?
Absolutely! Just give us a call at 401-294-4111 to discuss your wheelchair ramp rental needs.
Our Store Information
We are always looking for feedback and comments from you to improve our service quality. If you have any questions, comments, or would like to purchase a product and need more insight, contact us today.
6802 Post Road
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Store Hours (EST)
Monday to Friday: 9AM - 5PM
Phone & Fax