At Mobility Equipment Recycler, we believe in creating a world where accessibility knows no bounds. We are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of individuals with mobility challenges by providing them with reliable and affordable mobility equipment. Our mission is to enhance the freedom, independence, and quality of life for people of all abilities, ensuring they can navigate the world with confidence and ease.
As a rapidly growing organization, we understand that our success lies in the hands of our talented and passionate team. If you are seeking a purpose-driven career that allows you to make a meaningful difference every day, you've come to the right place.
Join our dynamic team and become a part of an inclusive and supportive work environment that fosters personal growth and professional development. As a Mobility Equipment Recycler employee, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals, tackle exciting challenges, and contribute to a worthy cause that impacts countless lives.
Browse through our current job openings below and explore how you can become an integral part of our inspiring journey to build a more accessible and inclusive world for all. We look forward to welcoming compassionate and driven individuals who share our vision and are eager to create lasting change. Together, we can transform lives, one mobility aid at a time.
Current Job Openings
Looking for a fulfilling job that makes a difference in people's lives and the environment? Join our sustainable business as a mechanical wizard! We specialize in recycling assistive medical devices for those who can't afford or access them, and we're growing rapidly.
As part of our team, you'll use your wrench-turning skills to refurbish and restore pre-owned products for resale and rental. You'll work with a supportive group of like-minded individuals who are passionate about providing top-quality products and services to our customers. Plus, as a young company with 10 years under our belt, there's plenty of room for advancement and growth.
If you're willing to learn, work well in teams, and have a knack for fixing things, we want you! We take pride in delivering top-notch products and services, and we're looking for someone who shares our passion for making a positive impact. Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is a plus, but not required.
Join us in our mission to recycle and be good stewards of the world we live in. Together, we can make a difference and create a brighter future for all.
$18-25/hour based on experience
Paid holidays. Health, dental, retirement plan, sick time and paid vacation after 90 day probationary period
Full time 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday 9a-5p (negotiable, some earlier mornings may be required)
Weekly schedule to be split between our Pawtucket and North Kingstown locationsApply Now!
As a mobility technician for our sustainable business, you'll have a variety of tasks to keep you busy and engaged. Some of these tasks include:
- Using tools and machinery to clean, repair, and restore equipment to like-new condition
- Parting out equipment for processing and separating usable parts from non-usable parts
- Running quality assurance tests to ensure that the equipment is safe and fully functional
- Collaborating with a team to ensure that orders are fulfilled accurately and on time
- Traveling to customer homes and healthcare facilities to install or repair assistive medical devices
- Providing basic instructions and training to customers on how to use the equipment
These tasks are just the beginning of what you can expect in this role. As our business grows, there may be opportunities for you to take on additional responsibilities and expand your skill set!
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience working with tools and machinery, preferably in a mechanical or technical field
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality workmanship
- The ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds)
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to customer homes or healthcare facilities for repairs, installations, and deliveries
If you have experience working with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or in the healthcare industry, that would be a plus, but it's not a requirement for this position.
We value diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.
High School Diploma or GED