To ensure that we get the job done right, we start off by collecting as much information about the end user as possible, such as their age, height, weight, size, and pre-existing conditions. In order for us to make sure that your mobility device is perfect for the end user we have an extensive list of measurement descriptions which will be listed below.
- Top of head to bottom of buttocks
- Top of shoulder to bottom of buttocks
- Armpit to bottom of buttocks
- Elbow to bottom of buttocks
- Back of buttocks to back of knee
- Foot length
- Head width
- Shoulder width
- Left armpit to Right armpit
- Hip width
- Distance to bottom of left leg (Popliteal to heal)
- Distance to bottom of right leg (Popliteal to heel)
We take these measurements so that various supports and cushions can be fitted properly. For example, lateral supports, are supports that hug the sides of the body which prevents the user from falling over in their power chair. We also use these measurements to adjust seat width as well as leg rest height.